* Learn an international dimension and a global perspective.
* Expand your range of course options and develop a global resume.
* Experience the increasing interdependence of the U.S. and other countries.
* Explore the role you can play in the global community.
* Increase your understanding of other cultures and get a different perspective on your own culture.
* Get to know local students, host families, and townspeople and immerse yourself in the life of the host country.
* Enjoy new and different activities that are native to the host country.
* Improve your interpersonal and communication skills through interacting with people from backgrounds different than your own.
* Achieve competence in a foreign language.
* Enhance your sense of independence and self-confidence.
* Expand your career choices and clarify your personal goals.
When you study abroad you gain the following: